As the Enzo Fernandez links to Liverpool persist it has been confirmed how much his old club River Plate will benefit from any potential sale.
Speaking to TyC Sports River Plate President Jorge Brito spoke about the possibility of Fernandez leaving Benfica.
Record reported yesterday that Benfica recently turned down a €100M offer for the World Cup winner.
Brito spoke about the possibility of Benfica selling Enzo Fernández for 120 million euros.
Brito clarified how much River Plate will benefit from any deal.
“We sold 75% of the rights [of Enzo Fernández] for €18 million euros, which, in addition to the €38.5 million referring to the other 25%, would be talking about €50 million euros, values that would surpass the operation of Julián Álvarez [to Manchester City], which is currently the highest in the history of Argentine football. It is an operation that will help us a lot for the infrastructure that we have planned for River”, Brito said.
🔴⚪ Jorge Brito, presidente de River Plate, habló mano a mano con TyC Sports y se expresó sobre la posible venta de Enzo Fernández: "Es una operación que nos serviría mucho para continuar con las obras de infraestructura" pic.twitter.com/79qggU1vCv
— TyC Sports (@TyCSports) December 22, 2022